||[Jan. 26th, 2009|05:52 pm]
Yuri's Prague buddy has me really on edge. What exactly is irritating me about her? Several things.
1) She constantly talks about herself, in a loud nasal voice.
2) Whenever someone else is talking, she will interrupt within three words to talk again about herself.
3) The things that she says about herself are so often "that's my new favourite thing", continuing with some diva fantasy and other jaw-flapping comments that are supposed to be endearing to gay men. They do have the effect of shutting down anything anyone else was saying that wasn't about her.
4) She leaves her crap all around the house - she already has her own room. Leaving crap around the house is for Yuri and me, not guests!
5) She claims not to be a drama queen then performs some of the all-time ridiculous drama queen actions I've ever seen from someone over fifty.
1) She would just stop trying to impress people and instead participate in conversations on subjects that aren't all about her and what she "is" and "isn't". When she participates, she's interesting and intelligent.
2) She wouldn't get tanked and start into attention seeking behaviours. It has happened on more that one occasion. The first time, jetlag was an additional excuse.
3) She would ask nicely for the things that she wants, instead of trying to sound like she's not really asking. I really can't stand manipulation.
I could go on. Yuri thinks I just have my nose out of joint because someone else is the center of attention. There's far more to it than that.